1.2 The purpose of the exhibition contest is:
- the entailment of the symbol of the International Festival "The Wreath of Friendship" in the works of the decorative and applied arts;
- the popularization of the national cultures and traditions of the countries- participants of the International Folk Festival «The Wreath of Friendship";
- the embodiment by means of decorative and applied arts the main idea of the Festival and more full and clear idea about the culture of the countries-participants.
1.3 Organizers of the exhibition contest are -
- the Department of Culture, Ideological Work and Youth Affairs of the Bobruisk Executive Committee;
- the City Committee of the Belarusian Trade Union of the workers of art, information, sport and tourism;
- The cultural establishment «The Bobruisk Museum of Local Lore»;
- the State Cultural Establishment “ The Bobruisk Art Museum”.
The founders of the exhibition contest are –
2. CONDITIONS AND ORDER OF HOLDING THE EXHIBITION CONTEST
2.1. Participants of the exhibition contest are creative groups taking part in International Folk Festival "The Wreath of Friendship".
2.1.1. Each group, participating in the Festival, presents one work for the exhibition.
2.1.2. Any individual work presented by the group-participant will be regarded and estimated as the work presented by the group on the whole.
2.2. For the exhibition contest each group brings a work, made in the form of a wreath which diameter is 20 -35 cm referring to the inside edge. The work can be done in different technique:
- thread on tree and metal;
- rod or straw weaving;
- bead weaving;
- embroidery in any technology;
- different mixed technology and others.
2.3. Each work presented for the Exhibition-contest should reveal national colouring and peculiarities of the country (district) the group comes from.
2.4. The works shoud be made of durable materials with firmly fixed parts to be stored in the museum for a long term.
3. ORDER OF HOLDING THE EXHIBITION CONTEST.
3.1 The work must be presented to the Festival Organizing Committee on the day of the group arrival - on June, 25.
The filled in application form must be presented with the work.
The Organizating Committee makes the exhibition of the presented works in the Bobruisk Art Museum, since June, 28.
4. THE CONTEST JURY:
The jury is formed of the contest managers, founders and partners.
The Jury of the exhibition and competition is guided by the following criteria for evaluating works:
-the most complete revealing of the theme and the idea of the International Festival of Folk Arts «The Wreath of Friendship”;
-the artistic level of work; the complexity of the work and the level of performance;
-originality of the work;
-the preservation of national traditions and
-the possibility of its preservation in the museum conditions.
The winners of the Exhibition-contest are awarded with the grand-prix and diplomas of I, II, III degrees and souvenirs.
The groups which are prize-winners are given the diplomas of the International Festival “Wreath of the Friendship”. All the groups are given the diplomas for the participation in the exhibition-contest of the decorative-applied creative activity "Wreath, as Symbol of the Festival as a gift to the festival".
The jury can give some other awards, gifts and souvenirs. In case the participants have equal points the jury can give two diplomas of the II and the III degree.
The Central Committee of the Belarusian Trade Union of the workers of culture, information, sport and tourism sponsors the prizes and souvenirs. The awarding ceremony will be held in The Bobruisk Art Museum.
The official partners of the festival have the right to confirm their own nominations for rewarding the participants of the exhibition contest.
All works remain at the disposal of the organizers of the International Folk Festival "Wreath of the Friendship" and they are kept in the cultural establishment «The Bobruisk Museum of Local Lore» for their further exposure.
THE GRAND PRIX
THE GRAND PRIX
The Republic of Kazakhstan, Karaganda
THE GRAND PRIX
The Netherlands, Raalte
Spain, The Canary Islands, Las Palmas
To the provision of holding an exhibition and competition of decorative and applied arts
on the participation in the exhibition contest of the applied arts
“The Wreath as a Festival Symbol as a Gift to the Festival”
2.The name of the group (name, surname of the creator of the work)_______________
3. The name given to the souvenir___________________________________
4. The technique used to make (description) _______________________________
5. The head of the delegation (name, surname) ______________________________
6. Additional information____________________________________________
___ ________ 201 ___________________ (___________________)
date signature name, surname